>Damascus Volunteer Fire Department
- Click On the New Member Inquiry Form and a DVFD Representative will Contact You -
- For More Details, Please See Information Below -
Thanks For Your Interest!
The Damascus Volunteer Fire Department is actively recruiting individuals who wish to serve the Town of Damascus and surrounding communities in the capacity of firefighters and/or Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Men and women ages 16 and older that are in good physical condition and have the desire to participate in fire and/or emergency medical activities are eligible for membership. There are different levels in the operational membership class. These are determined by certifications obtained through various training programs.
The personal rewards and satisfaction received from the volunteer fire and rescue service are beyond description. There is a sense of accomplishment after controlling a building fire, joy when a rescue is made, compassion for accident victims, and pride in teaching fire safety. In addition to a desire to help people, you also need dedication, assertiveness, and a willingness to face new challenges. Often our members are called upon to perform hot, strenuous work, sometimes in hazardous and inclement weather conditions.
Here are the minimum requirements to become a volunteer with DVFD:
How To Join?
There are 3 ways to get started:
1. Please scroll up, click on the New Member Inquiry tab on the left, and fill out the requested information.
If you are on your phone, please scroll up, click menu and click New Member Inquiry.
After you submit the application, it will be forwarded to our membership coordinator who will be in touch with you soon!
2. Click and fill out this DVFD New Member Inquiry form and place it in Steve Burns mailbox at the DVFD Station located at 26334 Ridge Road, Damascus Maryland 20872
3. Or, please stop by the station to pick an a DVFD New Member Inquiry form and place it in Steve Burns mailbox.
Again, thank you for your interest in becoming part of our volunteer family!