Damascus Volunteer Fire Department Membership Opportunities!
- Click On the New Member Inquiry Form and a DVFD Representative will Contact You -
- For More Details, Please See Information Below -
Thanks For Your Interest!
The Damascus Volunteer Fire Department is actively recruiting individuals who wish to serve the Town of Damascus and surrounding communities in the capacity of firefighters and/or Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs). Men and women ages 16 and older that are in good physical condition and have the desire to participate in fire and/or emergency medical activities are eligible for membership. There are different levels in the operational membership class. These are determined by certifications obtained through various training programs.
Those persons who do not have the desire to participate in emergency activities, or who do not meet the physical requirements for active membership, are encouraged to enter the department as an Auxiliary or Administrative Member. These members contribute in the areas of fundraising, public relations, public education, and administrative assistance.
The personal rewards and satisfaction received from the volunteer fire and rescue service are beyond description. There is a sense of accomplishment after controlling a building fire, joy when a rescue is made, compassion for accident victims, and pride in teaching fire safety. In addition to a desire to help people, you also need dedication, assertiveness, and a willingness to face new challenges. Often our members are called upon to perform hot, strenuous work, sometimes in hazardous and inclimate weather conditions.
Here are the minimum requirements to become a volunteer with DVFD:
DVFD provides its members with a family-like environment. Our members are students at local high schools, universities and colleges, certified professionals in a multitude of industries, and citizens who work for both public and private organizations. Our members also come from many different backgrounds. Our station is equipped with the latest computing tools, that are configured to meet the training and educational needs of all our members.
Additional benefits to joining can include:
How To Join?
1. Please scroll up, click on the New Member Inquiry tab on the left, and fill out the requested information. If you are on your phone, please scroll up, click menu and click New Member Inquiry. After you submit the application, it will be forwarded to our membership coordinator who will be in touch with you soon!
2. Click and fill out this DVFD New Member Inquiry form and place it in Steve Burns mailbox at the DVFD Station located at 26334 Ridge Road, Damascus Maryland 20872
3. Or, please stop by the station to pick an a DVFD New Member Inquiry form and place it in Steve Burns mailbox.
Again, thank you for your interest in becoming part of our volunteer family!